Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Finding appliance repair service?

On 18 Sep 2017 18:18:24 GMT, KenK wrote:

I've tried several of the more obvious well advertised local repair
services and found very bad reviews including Sears.

I generally Googled appliance repair reviews in my city and found very
few reviews, usually bad. Of course the services have reviews on their
web sites, all excellent naturally.

How can I find a good service to repair or replace my oven? I'm too old
and feeble to remove it and try to repair it myself.

My previous repairman, excellent, unfortunately has retired. His phone is
disconnected so I can't ask him for a recommendation.

Another problem is the oven is a Gaffers and Sattlers obsolete unit.
Though evidently parts are still available according to ads I've seen.

I'm getting desparate.

Suggestions? Maybe find a used appliance dealer and just get it replaced
and the old one hauled away?

TIA

You could look in the phone book yellow pages and find the repair
service with the smallest ad listed. Not a giant ad with fancy
trucks.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ijhymu&s=9#.WcAg5jVlCic

He even has a filter on the antenna. He ain't cheap but is good at his
work :-)