Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tiny engines

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 06:20:24 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Of course, if instead you have a Diesel in that size [Ha!],
speak up.

Would be nice, huh? I'd build a motorcycle with one since I don't have
a boat. (Shut up, Gunner. I don't need one.

(VBG!!!)

I thought you might see that. g

A Zero DS or Hayes Kaw Diesel would make me happy.
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-ds/specs.php
http://www.trucktrend.com/news/0604d...el-motorcycle/
Solar fuels the former, stored diesel the latter.

Putting a bank of 900 ah and 125-300 watts of solar cells above the
stern railing...easy peasy

He said "charge the battery", not "battery bank". I was thinking a
simple 80w for LED lights, radio, and laptop. One battery ought to
handle that. BUT, if he had a larger boat, solar panels could be
utilized to replace the sail while the batteries replaced a
significant portion of the ballast. VBG.

He said 800 watts load as well. (2) Deep cycle batteries will give him
far more than 800 watts if he is on a 145 watt solar charging system.

---