Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Old TVs

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 14:04:59 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Andrew wrote:
I've never seen any domestic LCD set which gives the same detail etc on a
face as a decent analogue CRT.

When HD transmissions started, all the broadcasters had to revamp
their news and panel-show 'furniture' because the better quality
of the image revealed the flaws of the old studio furniture that
that analogue and SD digital masked out.

Most people stuck with their plasma TV's for that reason - the
picture was better.

Ultra HD on a TV or monitor that can resolve 1 billion colours
is a revelation compared to a 'normal' LCD tv showing an SD program.

Unless the picture is moving.

Unusually you raise a good point. You never saw a panning picture
jerking as you now often do on many digital sets, that and lipsync
lag.

The thing is, 'most people' simply don't see such things and so can't
complain about it.

When I got my first Freeview set I couldn't stop seeing it but then
you just get used to it as 'they are all like that sir'.

Cheers, T i m