CBHvac

Default Dirt in crawlspace

"Todd" wrote in message
m...
Ok, I plan to cover the dirt in my crawlspace with plastic, as a
temporary measure to reduce humidity down there. Yes, I realize that
this is not a permanent fix, and yes, I realize that I need to address
the source of the moisture problem.

Here is my question: Do I need to treat the dirt with a chemical spray
first, before laying plastic?

Timbor...IF you are so inclined..but its done all the time with no ill
effects, and no pre-treatment..as a matter of fact, what you describe doing
is code in some areas..

If so, what chemical? I am thinking
that if mold/mildew is a potential problem, that something nasty could
happen to the dirt if it is cozy in plastic for the winter. Opinions
please...

Todd

Todd...the mold is aready there...its been there since the dino....if its
not lifting your foundation now, its not going to chances are.