Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Battery life for PIRs

pamela Wrote in message:
On 18:02 15 Sep 2017, jim wrote:

pamela Wrote in message:
On 23:15 14 Sep 2017, jim wrote:

pamela Wrote in message:
On 20:14 14 Sep 2017, jim wrote:

pamela Wrote in message:
On 21:12 12 Sep 2017, jim wrote:

pamela Wrote in message:
On 15:46 11 Sep 2017, jim wrote:

pamela Wrote in message:
On 21:31 6 Sep 2017, jim wrote:

ss Wrote in message:
On 06/09/2017 18:33, jim wrote:
IIRC, enter "programming mode" & you have an hour to
interfere &
change batts etc
? (with small crosshead screwdriver &
stepladder/chair:-) ).

Presumably you knew all this when you bought &
installed the wireless system?

Yes,and I change them every two years but for this
one PIR which is 6 monthly, but hopefully now solved.

You could also perhaps reposition it or change to
another sort of sensor - magnetic contact?

He's using wireless. How will wireless magnetic save a
lot on batteries?

What's using up the batteries in the PIR?

The radio transmission signal is likely to draw several
times more current than the PIR sensor in stand-by.

So what's using up the batteries in that particular PIR
more than the identical others that the OP has?

The repeated transmission.

So... how to reduce the number of repetitive transmissions?

"ss" answered that early in this thread.

So did I.

So, why did you ask me the question?

Read (all) the thread .

You're unable to explain why you asked a question which had
already been answered in this thread? I think you should read the
thread, not me.

Troll.
--
Jim K