Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.drugs.chemistry
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default What is the chemical force that makes common household glues work

In article , says...

There's just no way that these three glues are "ionic" bonding with

the
wood, plastic, or cloth respectively. Just no way. There is no "outer
layer" of electrons being shared in these cases.

Buit I thought that every atom has an "outer layer" of electrons. (Well
maybe hydrogen's single electron is a degenerate "layer"!)

But I agree if "ionic" means electrostatic (like Na and Cl in salt) it
seems unlikely...

Mike.