Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default London subway blast seen as terrorism, police say

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 07:41:52 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 17/09/2017 03:46, rbowman wrote:
On 09/16/2017 07:14 PM, Meanie wrote:

Why is the "w" silent in Sword?

Why is boatswain pronounced as bosun?
Why is lieutenant pronounced as leftenant

It isn't.Â* It's pronounce lootenant as you'd expect.

Wrong.

Why is Taliaferro pronounced Toliver?

Who?

Why is English so screwed up?

Because too many people have OCD and spell and pronounce "properly"
instead of relaxing the rules to make it more logical.

I pity the poor immigrant.

I would never pity an immigrunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbQ7NICpaq0

"How did English become the worlds most widely spoken language?"

https://blog.esl-languages.com/blog/...al-number-one/

Conclusion: Our language spread because we didn't used to be politically
correct nancy boys.