Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Calling Jeff Liebermann: LaserJet 2200 duplex printing problem

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 12:17:57 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

Even though I could detect no sign of stickiness on the other two
solenoids, and no residual magnetism on any of them, I gave all of them
the recommended treatment, and now the printer is printed double-sided
without problems.

Nicely done. I assume the noise is also gone. I'm rather surprised
you didn't find any magnetized solenoids, because every one had the
problem to some degree. However, if you fix the pads so that there's
no metal-on-metal when the solenoid closes, the effect of the residual
magnetism is negligible.

Thank you.

Y'er welcome.

--