Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Steel shed with plywood base ?

On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 10:08:41 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/16/2017 9:01 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 4:03:47 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 13:14:03 GMT, WAdams
m wrote:

replying to Jess123, WAdams wrote:
I would suggest you to go with the consultation of professional.

Why?! This is a DIY project.

DIY's are not allowed to ask professionals for advice? Wow, I guess I've been doing it all wrong
for decades. I should have figuring it out on my own or only asking other novices. I'll have to
change my strategy.

The way I read the suggestion was he should hire someone the likes of a
professional engineer. The kind that charges $200 an hour. Have you
done that?

The way I read the suggestion was that he should ask an expert for advice. That is one of the
definitions of "consultation". There is no requirement that payment be involved in order for a
consultation to take place.

We are fortunate to have some professionals here that give good advice
for free. Nothing wrong with sking.

And I am fortunate to know professionals who give free advice out here in the real world too.
I am one of them. Nothing wrong with asking them (or me) either.