Posted to alt.home.repair
Mad Roger Mad Roger is offline

Default Is Shoe Goo goop really just gasoline and styrofoam?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 19:55:35 -0400,
wrote:

Well, it's NOT styrene - which is what you get if you disolve
styrofoam.. Might be cheaper to buy the kids good used shoes instead
of trying to repair them with goop.

Here's my repair project this morning.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3524798goop04.jpg

The first think I've learned is that the washing machine is a brutal place
for kids shoes!
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1811342goop01.jpg

What I learned was an ice cube is GREAT for smoothing the shoe goop without
sticking.

And I learned that a bicycle tire tube makes a good strap.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6713513goop02.jpg

Clamps are ok but they don't fit shoes all that well except when you use a
rectangle of tire tube to repair the back of the heel.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3960384goop03.jpg