Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default British bicoins

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 14:08:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/16/2017 1:29 PM, micky wrote:
From the [once-Manchester [England]] Guardian: "[The value of a bitcoin]
has more than quadrupled in value since December, hitting about $4,700
last month before falling back. It fell by about 5% after Dimon’s
comments on Wednesday to below $4,000. "

Wow. So they're worth over 4 thousand dollars now. I wish I had some.

"However, the banker revealed his daughter had bought bitcoin: “It went
up and she thinks she’s a genius now.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...y-drug-dealers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

I notice the reference to tulips. I have the same fear for the bitcoin.
It is pretty much a fantasy currency that could disappear with the
crash of computer. A few people may make a fortune but I think there
will be an equal loss to support it.

I would not trust Bitcoin. Most often used to buy on the "dark web"
for illegal items. Need some stuff :-)