Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 9/16/2017 8:18 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 17:25:38 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

and the inability of congress to write rules restricting the application of
government backed flood insurance to locations that should never have
been built-on in the first place. Perhaps pay off once, but never again
for the same property.

The whole point of government flood compensation (it's not "insurance"
in anything but name) is that it pays for damage to properties that no
insurer in their right mind would cover.

It is one thing to insure in a 500 year floor plain and something else
for houses built right on the beach. I don't feel to bad for someone
that builds 40 feet from the high tide line. It is not "if" but "when"
and don't ask me for a handout to rebuild your $3million beach house.