Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_21_] Muggles[_21_] is offline

Default Roofing contractors

On 9/15/2017 10:37 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:21:21 -0500, philo wrote:

On 09/15/2017 09:43 AM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 20:15:35 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

If you put your name on one of the internet in a site like Home Advisor, they will be
contacting you.

We used https://nextdoor.com/ for a plumber. Had numerous contact
us.

Thank you

If this next one does not work out will probably give that a try

I believe my wife used the site to get recommendations from other
owners in our neighborhood. Then went from there.

Good luck.

We used home advisor to find a couple of roofers to give us bids on
replacing our roof. It was at the end of its life and was beginning to
leak. So, we chose the better company, and they did a nice job of
tearing off two layers of old roof, replacing wood where needed, and
putting a new roof on in one day. They left as it was getting dark.

We thought they would be back the next day to clean up their mess, but
they only came back to retrieve some extra roof packages. I was finding
nails all over the driveway around our vehicles, and my husband kept
calling them to come clean up their mess. They had promised to leave
our yard as if they had never been there, and did not keep that promise.
They also did not replace all the fascia boards with new primed wood
that was agreed upon.

My husband could never get anyone to answer the phone when he'd call for
them to come fix the wood and clean up the yard. They were supposed to
go through the yard and driveway at least 3 times with a large magnet to
pick up stray nails, and failed to do that.

I finally had enough of them ignoring us, so I got on the Home advisor
website and left a message there to no avail. Then I emailed the Better
Business bureau and filed a complaint. Let me tell you, the very next
day the BBB contacted the business, and we woke up with our phone
ringing off the hook wanting to talk to my husband about that complaint.
The owner himself was wanting to get that complaint closed, but my
husband told him it was the wife who was NOT happy. I was the one
picking up roofing nails near and around our vehicle tires every day.

Dear husband called the man back and he was in our living room within
the hour. He called the job supervisor to our house and ripped him a
new one for not following up messages we left on his phone. They fixed
everything with the fascia boards, went thru the yard and picked up
debris they left behind, and ran that gigantic magnet on wheels through
the yard surrounding the driveway and found more nails that would have
washed into the driveway after a good rain.

That business owner would have kissed our feet to get that BBB complaint
closed. He kept saying that one complaint was costing him thousands of
dollars every day in new business.

--
Maggie