Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Roofing contractors

In article , says...

On 9/15/2017 11:18 AM, philo wrote:

Don't hire just any roofer but make sure they are licensed with
workers comp.

Since this is going to be a minimum of $15k, just surprised that they
don't even bother to give an estimate. The next one hopefully will be
better.

They don't even have to come out. Some use Goggle earth to see the roof
and calculate size.

The one I settled on used that Google earth calculator. He was off by
abut 2 squares on a 28 square roof. I tried to tell him he was off,but
he said not so. Roofing crew came out and looked at the number of
shingles and said they thought there was not enough delivered. Sure
enough they setimator was off by about 2 squares, but it did not cost me
any more.
He was probably off due to how steep the roof is,but you know how it is,
can not tell anyone with the computer stuff they are wrong.

---