Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Roofing contractors

On 09/14/2017 07:15 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

Thanks. Guess I will just ask some more

One thing to think about is venting, if it's adequate, if you want to
change or add. I got rid of a power vent in favor of ridge venting
when I did mine. Another is to take a look if there is any rotting
of any of the fascia boards at the soffits. I had some, I did that
work myself. None of the companies said a word about that, IDK
what happens if they notice it at the time, ie do they offer to fix
it? It would screw up their work cycle that's for sure, they
would have to get the right material, etc. It's certainly better to do
it first, as they will put drip edge over the soffit fascia boards
and the new shingles will extend over it, etc. If you do it first,
you don't have to worry about damaging the old shingles. How about gutters?
They in good shape?

+1 on ridge and soffit venting, you can dramatically prolong the life
of your roof by making this simple change.

Yeah, if I have to keep getting my roof replaced every 25 years this is
eventually going to be a real PITA