Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Adjustiing/mod'ing digital thermostat on LG window air conditioner

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 8:44:10 PM UTC-4, Ryan wrote:
replying to Dan, Ryan wrote:
I am having the same issue with a brand new wall unit. At least my room temp
goes down to about 65/66 when set at 60. But this is very annoying that these
are all calibrated wrong! Do they do this on purpose to appease the global
warming cults or something?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...di-116541-.htm

IDK, but 65 is way to cold for me. I have the AC set at about 76.
Sometimes a couple degrees lower temporarily if needed to get it
to run enough to take the humidity out. Is it cycling at 65 or
running constantly and unable to go any lower? Depending on the
ambient conditions, maybe it just can't go any lower. And where
are you measuring the temperature? It could be substantially
lower at the AC compared to elsewhere in the room.