Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Newbie Question, Drawer Lock Router Bits

On 9/14/2017 4:52 PM, Alan Holbrook wrote:
I have never used a drawer lock router bit, but I want to use lock joints
on some drawers I'm making for a couple of projects and I need to pick up
an appropriate bit.. But I'm confused by some of the bit specifications.
Shank diameter, at least, is obvious. But what are the implications for
cutting diameter and cutting height? I'm using plain vanilla 3/4" pine
stock. What should I be looking for in a bit?

TIA...

Professional and my woodworking is an oxymoron, but I have made some
nice drawers/boxes using this bit

https://woodworker.com/drawer-lock-b...searchmode= 2

The trick is to have two jigs. One basically a miter gauge for your
router table to cut on side of the joint and the other a "Miter gauge"
so you can cut the other half with the board upright. You have to look
at the bits profile to understand what I mean.

Once I got the initial set up and the jigs it goes quite easy.

--
2017: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre