Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 9/14/2017 12:00 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:45:35 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/14/2017 11:38 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 06:58:26 -0400, G Ross wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:08:53 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 22:24:02 -0400,
wrote:

The FEMA trailers made during Katrina weren't much good the
first time around.

The people in Indiana who built most of them might disagree, the
stories of bad trailers are likely the one that got the most press. It
did pump money into Indiana to people who needed it.

Broken windows are great for the economy. Too bad we don't have more
cat-4 hurricanes.

Downed trees are good for the local economy. All the bearded
backwoodsmen are swarming around in their pickups with a chainsaw and
a trailer. Let them make a little money off the storm, I say.

That paragraph shows great ignorance of economics.

As did this one.

Broken windows are great for the economy. Too bad we don't have more
cat-4 hurricanes.

No, that was a sarcastic response. The second sentence should have
made that pretty clear.

OK. ;~) Mind you I have a very good friend/neighbor that moved here
almost 7 years from Indiana. He was way anxious to go through a
hurricane. I warned him a few years ago to be careful what you wish
for. His home is actually the lowest point in our neighborhood and he
had water up to his front porch. He wants nothing to do with a
hurricane ever again..and he had no damage at all. I just get a little
touchy when it comes to hurricanes and what they bring.