Swingman

Default Tung vs. linseed

All of the above. Your mixture is often the ingredients in "Danish" oil and
its variants. The thinner is added for ease of application. Another common
recipe is what Leon said ... BLO/Tung/Poly(varnish) ... mixed by many a
woodworker, and sold commercially as "Sam Maloof" finish, among others,
because it is what he purportedly uses on his rocking chairs.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"Rick Stein" wrote in message

Leon wrote:
In a kitchen setting, I would highly advise using a more protective

varnish.
These cabinets tend to be abused and wiped down more than any other in

your
house.

That said, a common recipe for a finish is to mix equal parts of Boiled
Linseed oil, Tung Oil, and Varnish.

You sure . . .? I thought it was equal parts of either turpentine or
mineral spirits, oil (either linseed or tung), and varnish?