Posted to alt.checkmate,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam
Checkmate, DoW #1[_2_] Checkmate, DoW #1[_2_] is offline

Default HANK ON THE HILL HAS A "Generator Neutral & Ground Question"

Checkmate! In article , burkesgurlz@std-
girls.com says...

On 9/14/2017 8:27 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article , burkesgurlz@std-
girls.com says...

On 9/14/2017 6:55 AM, wrote:
I found the connection on a schematic for my model on the Briggs website. It's on a 120VAC GFI outlet. They jumper neutral to ground at duplex outlet #2 and then that neutral line is shared with the other duplex 120V GFI outlet and the 240V 4-wire outlet (non-GFI). I was planning to use this to connect to the house...now thinking an interlockit installation.

I'm just going to un-bond it for my purposes. This is a big heavy troy-bilt job....it's for power outages only. It's not going tailgating with anyone. Although after looking a little it appears alot of those quiet inverter generators are floating neutral ironically.

I'll just re-bond the neutral if I ever use it in a different manner, or ever upgrade and give/sell this thing to someone else. Because I'm doing the work and research (including this thread), I don't suspect I'll forget about it. I'm going to have to buy some new torx drivers to get at this area, so

Boy! All that fancy lingo sure makes one appear to know what he/she is talking about.
The question is, do he?
LOL

Although they're both grounded conductors, the neutral and ground are
only bonded together in certain conditions, like at the original source
of the electrical service. Since a GFI plug normally expects to see the
same amount of current flow on the neutral as it does on the hot side,
current going to ground and bypassing the neutral will trip it. How bou
DAT?

I don't understand one gawddamn thing!

That's the way we elektrishuns like it.

--