Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default battery tools are crap

On 2017-09-13, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/09/17 14:31, Bill Wright wrote:

Why people buy battery tools to use at home I really don't know.
Ignorance of the customer plus the vendor's sales hype I guess.
Thinking about it, I bet a lot of people who buy a battery drill
have never used an electric drill before, so they won't realise how
limited their new toy is.

Bill

I can counter everything you've just said

10.8V Blue Bosch driver, drill and impact driver are small, light and
surprisingly powerful for their size and I've used mine for years.

36V Bosch garden tools are equal in calibre to mains tools of a
similar size - hedge cutter, lawn mower and strimmer.

The bloke who fitted our kitchen did it entirely with battery tools,
including most impressively, core drilling a 110mm ventilation duct
through a 9" brick wall with a battery drill.

Don't worry - Bill doesn't know anything about anything other than
being a racist bigot.

Bill is cleverer than you.