Posted to alt.home.repair
Wally[_14_] Wally[_14_] is offline

Default Need advice on how to 'repair' a kinked 75' plumbing snake (justbusted)

On 09/14/2017 04:44 AM, bob haller wrote:
boy all of you must love hard dirty work

its far easier to do what I have been doing for over 20 years.............

i dump a 25 pound bag of rocksalt, into my basement washtub, then run the hottest water i can into the tub and mix with a shovel.

this kills the tree roots, but doesnt hurt the trees. i do this every spring right before the trees leaf out. then go out so no one uses any water for at least 8 hours,

works fast and no messy dealing with a snake. the last time i had my line snaked i had them run a camera thru the line, every joint in the terra cotta pippe had roots but one.

whatever rocksalt is left in the tub eventually dissolves giving lines a low dose follow up.

Even easier to hire a tree service to remove trees near sewer line. No more root damage.