Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default battery tools are crap

On 13/09/2017 20:28, John Rumm wrote:

I used to have problems on flats complexes fixing aerials onto masonry
(8 holes per aerial) when I was working my way along a row of small
blocks. Used to recharge from the van. Sort of OK.

The fact that you did not go to the faff of taking a mains drill and
extension lead up there, suggests that the overall experience with the
cordless was still preferable though?

It was marginal because of the weight of the cordless, but in fact I had
no choice because of H & S. In the days before H & S it did used to be a
problem sometimes getting a mains supply to the job. I used to use a
genny, then later an inverter in the van running from its own battery.
Cordless tools were crap in them days though. I bought one of the first
cordless drills and it was a ****ing joke. Wouldn't drill a 7mm hole in
wood more than once per charge.

Bill