Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default battery tools are crap

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 17:58:40 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/09/2017 16:39, John Rumm wrote:

Many tools don't require more than a few hundred W - even in mains form.

Well, it's always good to have power in reserve, and anyway I'm really

No it's not, that's part of the whole point of battery tools. I have SDS and SDS max mains tools, and rarely would I even consider picking the max one. Extra power is far from always good to have.

Battery tools are great when you don't need the extra power and are willing to pay the price of shortish life for the time & effort saving. When you're not, stick with mains. For some jobs battery wins hands down, for some mains does.

NT