Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q oddity

On 2017-09-13, Graeme wrote:
In message , tim...
writes

And boy are these things a bugger to fit - standing on a chair with
your arms at full stretch :-(

One of the most useful tools in my armoury is a small step ladder.
Only two steps plus platform and handrail, but perfect for all those
just out of reach jobs like light bulbs and fittings, curtain rails and
just reaching up. I use it almost daily, and because it is light, I
can grab and carry it with one hand, where I probably wouldn't bother
with a larger ladder. About the size of an ironing board when closed,
and kept with the ironing board. Indispensable. Seriously.

All true, but I have discovered that a "jump-up", aka "work platform" is
even more useful. Bought one on a whim recently from Screwfix;

http://www.screwfix.com/p/work-platf...um-900mm/6409p

It wasn't bloody £35, either. They must have been on offer, or
something. I have no idea how I ever managed without one.

That's the 900mm one. The 600mm one is 25 quid.