Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fuel usage calculator

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 5:19:16 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/13/2017 5:55 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Anybody know of a calculator to guesstimate how much wood I'll need
for winter ? Will have to have an "average degree-days sort of input ....
I can find tables of average BTU's per unit for most species of wood - I
burn red and white oak almost exclusively .
Â* --
Â* Snag

I use he rule of thumb as 1 cord = 100 gallons of oul. Many variables,
of course.

These days I find it easier to write a check than split and haul in
wood. I do miss using the stove to cook on at times, or getting the
fire go down enough to open the doors and grill a steak.

Um, what's a gallon of oul? Is that similar to a gallon of owl? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster