Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Which oil to lube paper shredder?

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:11:15 +0100, charles
wrote:

In my experience it's WD40 that leaves a "sticky residue". That's why
I always advise against using it on marginal ignition systems to help
starting on cold/wet mornings. It does help get rid of water
'immediately' but the sticky gunge it leaves behind stores up even
more trouble in the future.

Whatever happened to "Dampstart" or was it "wetstart"?

It's still there as "Easystart" on eBay

That is a different type of product though, an ether based concoction
that assists ignition inside an engines cylinder.
There were other sprays around for ignition leads and distributor caps
that supposedly sealed them with a coating that kept the moisture out.
In reality it was better to stop wasting money and fit new leads when
required.
The advent of electronic ignition made a lot of these things less
important. Talking of wonder cures, who buys Piston seal now? I see
it is still available . did it ever work for anyone.

G.Harman