Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default WD40: was Which oil to lube paper shredder?

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 10:31:01 +0100, newshound wrote:

Whilst I dislike marketing hype as much as the next man, I am sometimes
bemused by the ire which WD-40 induces in some

I wouldn't put it in a car gearbox, or watches, or quality clocks, but
it will clean and lubricate a lot of things.

It's useful for things that just need a bit of 'slip' without being oily.
I'll use it where there's a non-critical friction lock, e.g. clippers with
extensible handles.
At the end of the season the hedge trimmer gets a spray along the blade.
It's always 'preserved' it 'til the following season.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away