Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default tips for using a glass cutter?

On 9/13/2017 11:06 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 10:09:58 -0400, JBI wrote:

I have been trying to cut some custom sized picture frames from some
spare glass I have. However, trying repeatedly, I can't seem to get the
same results I see in video demos or web instructions that I should.

I have a friend that has made his living over the past 41 years repairing
and reproducing stained glass windows. He always lubricates the blade
before scoring. He dips the blade into a jar with a rag soaked in kerosene.
He says any oil will do. And that they sell glass cutter lubricant, though
I did not find any on doing an Amazon search.

https://www.amazon.com/CRL-Professio.../dp/B00269T4K0