Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 07:06:27 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

I wouldn't need to run a server to do that, I'd use a chip to store
the audio data.

Of course. So would I if that's all it did.

That's all I'd really want my doorbellk to do.

But it's integrated with the PBX, and the bell push actually rings all
the phones in the house .

I'd hate that, not know or being sure if someone was phoning me or
someone at the front door.

Naturally, it rings with a completely different cadence...

(and a
garden bell). Guarantees we will hear it. Also logs the date and time.

That would be useful but if I were going that far I'd go back to a
webcam on the door so recording everything.

There's a camera as well.