Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 13:47:09 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 03:47:41 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 11:20:42 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 02:52:26 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 08:12:29 UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
In message , Bob Eager
writes
I am
torn between a voice intoning "the bell has been activated, please
wait"
and the start of 'Time' from Dark Side of the Moon.

Much more fun to have excerpts from random tracks :

Dave Edmonds, I hear you knocking Anita Ward, Ring my bell Little
Richard, Keep a knocking A loop of 'Go Away' from Go Away Little
Girl

I'd have "Hey dude visitors" from southparks first episode anal
probe.
You can buy kits that allow you to record your own messages.

I can do that anyway. It's just an MP3 on the server. Pick up an
internal phone, dial 898 and record the message. Run a shell script to
convert formats and rename it.

I wouldn't need to run a server to do that, I'd use a chip to store the
audio data.

Of course. So would I if that's all it did.

That's all I'd really want my doorbellk to do.

But it's integrated with the
PBX, and the bell push actually rings all the phones in the house .

I'd hate that, not know or being sure if someone was phoning me or someone at the front door.

(and a
garden bell). Guarantees we will hear it. Also logs the date and time.

That would be useful but if I were going that far I'd go back to a webcam on the door so recording everything.