Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 09:52:26 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:43:34 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

On 12/09/2017 14:31, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:27:23 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 11/09/2017 23:45, wrote:
[quoted text muted]
We found their number reduced greatly after small but clear "No Cold
Caller" signs above letterbox and bell-push

10% of our callers use the bell push. The rest just knock.

Why do they do that? I can't here a knock on the door from my desk but
one of the doorbell chimes is just outside the room I work in.

Mike

As I have said upthread, when challenged, the only answer I have got is
"sometimes they don't work".

yep I got that as well

"so push the bloody thing to find out first you ******"

tim

Problem is that still doesn't prove it's working, because you might not be able to hear an indoor bell from outside my downstaors neirbour when she reached 90 she started to go deaf, so the bell was moved from above the front door to the back of the house where she lived and that was also connected to a light that flashed. Before they did that I used to hear them ringing and knocking bit she didn;t so I went into the back garden with a torch and shone it through her window moving it up and down then she;d know someone was at the front door, which was usually the chemist trying to deliever her box of medication.
Thing is even if she did hear she wouldnlt open the door after dark unless she was expecting someone.