Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Steel shed with plywood base ?

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 9:09:37 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 00:44:04 GMT, Jess123
m wrote:

I am buying a steel shed , it has insulation(kingspan) on the inside .. if I
apply treated plywood as the base would I still get condensation ? The shed is
only 7ftx8ft. Please help

Doubt it will make a lot of difference. If you have no base now, you
want a plastic sheet for moisture barrier, then plywood.

Or have it elevated on pressure treated supports so that the floor
is off the ground. Which I think is better, because even with
plastic, isn't water going to get between the floor and the plastic
anyway and stay trapped there? I have a base of washed stone,
then pressure treated wood that's couple inches thick that
supports it and keeps it off the ground.