Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 9/12/2017 6:23 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
(Scott Lurndal) wrote in
:

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com

Right, but 2-3 semis with a pair of containers each could probably
have 10-20 containers set up in a day.

Have you ever been _in_ a container? 20' by 6' is what, about 120
square feet? No Windows, door hardware only on the exterior. No
plumbing, No electricity.

Don't focus so tightly on the container as it is. Look at it as it could
be: Windows, doors, plumbing, electricity can ALL be installed. Shoot,
you don't even need to make the exterior walls as tough and heavy as you
would for moving freight. (They still need to be tough and heavy, you'll
have very rough handling by guys who "know containers.")

I thought they'd be closer to 8', but 6' is still workable.

How many live in cars and vans?

How long do you recon?

Ah Reckon...

Ah yes, reckon.

Puckdropper

Actually there is/was a show on one of the HIY or H&G channels that
showed homes being built from shipping containers. I would entertain it.