Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default I Could Have Hurt Myself Today...

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 7:48:35 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The plan for today was to build a couple of drawer boxes for my kitchen. I
estimated that I could get the boxes built and the first coat of finish applied.

I had just spent the last 3 days out of town dealing with family issues
related to elderly parents. It was a stressful and frustrating few days and
I was looking forward to forgetting the trip and making some sawdust.

I woke up late, I had trouble putting together my cut list and SWMBO wanted
the details about the trip. In a matter of minutes I was raising my voice,
I was bitching about other family members and I was seriously ****ed at the
world. I stormed down to the shop, flipped on the lights, took one look at
the table saw and said to myself "Don't be an friggin' idiot."

I walked out of the shop, grabbed my earbuds, chose my Piano Music station
on Pandora (no words, just music) and took the 2 mile walk down to the lake.
I got there just in time to enjoy this:

https://youtu.be/e_BofhFBr_g

With my mind calmed, I walked back home, headed down to the shop and got
to work. Instead of two assembled drawers with a coat of finish, I have two
ready-to-be-assembled drawers, but more importantly, I still have all
10 fingers.

A very wise man.