Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Generator Neutral & Ground Question

On 09/10/2017 06:15 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 4:29:52 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On
According to all codes I've ever seen the only place where neutral and
ground may share the same bus is in the distribution panel itself.

They don't ever share the same bus, they are bonded together.

My house was recently re-wired and it passed the electrical inspection.
In the breaker box the grounds and neutrals share the same bus.

Don't know exactly what you mean.

I was reading "bus" but thinking conductor. What I meant was that
the equipment grounds should not be carrying current, only the
neutral should. At the bus level you're right, assuming it's the
main panel and that is where the neutral and the grounding electrode
conductor are tied together, then it's OK to have the grounds and
neutral on the same bus and if they are on separate buses, then
the two buses are bonded together. Sorry for the confusion.

Doesn't take much to confuse me.

Think we are both on the same page now.