Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leenowell@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Bathroom wiring questions

Hi all

I have had another look at the setup based on my new knowledge. There are 2 motors connected into a waterproof junction box. Looking at the junction box the incoming earth is connected to the earth going to both motors. There is then an earth wire going from the base of one to the metal framing which the legs are attached to. The motors have screws coming out of the bottom with thick rubber washers on. These screws then fed through a metal board where they are bolted in place. This board is attached to the metal framing..

The motors have a label on them but no mention of class 1 or 2.

So... Judging from the about it sounds like I should be fine with wiring the mains into the junction box as normal. With the frame bonded to one motor and it in turn seems to be connected to the incoming earth.

On the junction box it has a label from manufacturers saying it is 2.1kW and needs a 16a fuse. Is this ok to be on the ring main I plan to extend and located as a switched fused inside the cupboard.

Thanks again all

Lee.