Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Escutcheon

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
The current escutcheon on my front door mortice lock has a round
chunky cast brass cover - hinged at the top. I'm changing the door
furniture to brushed stainless steel and have found everything else
apart from that.

Why?

Because unlike brass it doesn't need any maintenance.

Fair doos, I thought even brushed stainless deteriorates. Shiny chrome I
can understand!

Everyone has that. ;-)

I wanted to match the rather nice outside lights from TLC. They are wall
mounted, and fire a LED both up and down.

I'm glad you have an interest in something, Dave.
Outside lights or the Labour party, hmmmmmmmm, a difficult decision.
Both quite unimportant.