Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Escutcheon

In article ,
pamela wrote:
On 16:54 9 Sep 2017, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
The current escutcheon on my front door mortice lock has a
round chunky cast brass cover - hinged at the top. I'm
changing the door furniture to brushed stainless steel and
have found everything else apart from that.

Why?

Because unlike brass it doesn't need any maintenance.

I find an outdoor covered escutcheon is a nuisance especially when
trying to open the door with your hands full of shopping. At most, a
covered escutcheon indoors and a plain one outside is all we need.

I have a posh deadlock for normal use. The mortise lock is only there
because insurance companies send to like them.

--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.