BigWallop

Default Recessing elecric socket - please help!

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Chris French wrote:

When she was little she found LV plug on the end of wall-wart power
supply lead that was plugged in and turned on - didn't like it when she
put it in her mouth :-( - I tried it too, you get quite a little tingle
on your tongue :-)

Completely OT: but that reminds me of an entertaining incident (for me
anyway) a few years ago.....

Sister in law was attempting to get a Gameboy working using an external
wall wart power supply and was not having much success. So she is on the
phone asking me how she can fix it. Having got her to check the various
settings on the supply (one of those "universal" beasties) I asked if
there was some other device she knew was working that she could try it
with (so I could eliminate the PSU from the investigation). Alas she
said there was nothing handy.

So I was wondering how I could find out if this PSU was working from my
end of the phone, with no remote test equipment, and a non techie SIL.

Aha! - "Could you touch the tip of the connector with your tongue I
asked - you should feel a tingling sensation if it's working?"

The "Owooooch!!" that came back down the phone was loud enough to be
heard by SWMBO who was standing half way across the room!

Oddly she was not impressed when I told her that it was obviously
working then!

(Think she may have had it on the 12V setting - unregulated supply - so
approx 17V with no load - guess that does a bit more than tingle! ;-) )

Cheers,

John.

ROFL !!! And you're in the hairdressing business as well now ? Well it
would be enough to make her hair stand on end anyway. :-))

Now the main point. Did you get the gameboy sorted ? LOL

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com