Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What the hell.... 15 capacitors $2141.00 bid on ebay

In article ,
says...

Getting back to electronics,

I dont consider myself an audiophile, but I do prefer the sound from a
tube amplifier over solid state, and I find vinyl records far superior
in sound quality to digitized music. (assuming a good record, stylus and
turntable is used). However, these days I am running a 600 watt stereo
commercial solid state Altec Lansing amp from the 70s. Being a good
brand name and commercial gear, I am pretty pleased with it.

But for superior sound, I still prefer records. Yet, I have a lot of MP3
songs and some CDs too. Some stuff can not be gotten on vinyl, or it
costs way too much, so I make due with digital music when I must. Some
of that can be compensated by using my equalizer as well as some effects
devices and an audio compressor.

But I dont have any $150 capacitors around here, and wont be buying any
either. Especially when they are all made about the same anyhow. Foil,
paper or plastic wound up, two pieces of wire, and a coating to hold it
all together.

Ever send your tubes off for the big chill ?

http://blog.thetubestore.com/cryo-tu...hilling-truth/