Posted to alt.home.repair
Carl Carl is offline

Default Need help installing a telephone jack

On 9/8/2017 6:21 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 18:18:37 -0400, Bubba wrote:

On 09/08/2017 05:55 PM, Bob wrote:
Here are photos of the wiring in the working jack:

https://i.imgur.com/swDsmiW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OND6Cjo.jpg

Looks like some chucklehead wired your phones using the gray/white pair.

Line 1 should be blue/white pair.

Line 2 should be orange/white pair.

Bob, ignore Bubba.

If you follow my instructions of connecting the solid gray to the
green and the gray/white to the red, your new jack will work fine.

I hate cleaning up after homeowner hacks.Â* IMHO, I'd take the time to make it right and move all the jacks to the blue/white pair.Â* I'd inspect and reconfigure the wiring all the way from the NID to the jacks.

Only an antisocial psychopath would use other pair/colors to make a confusing non-standard ****ing mess for the next homeowner. Good grief!