Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_29_] Frank[_29_] is offline

Default Oven or breaker bad?

On 9/6/2017 9:43 AM, KenK wrote:
Oven conked out while cooking yesterday. Found 240V breaker tripped. Reset
it and tried again, Breaker tripped again. Now to figure out if problem is
in the breaker or the oven. I'm hoping the breaker.

Can't figure out how to tell which without replacing the breaker. I'm
afraid I'm not strong enough any more to pry that old breaker out of the
box so I'll have to call an expensive electrician.

Hoping breaker more likely to trip if worn out than oven to short circuit -
I'd think oven heating element would open up instead, but what do I know?

Guesses? Suggestions? I'd like to get my oven back at a reasonable cost,

TIA

Same thing happened to me. It was the oven element. With all burners
full on, the breaker did not break, so I figured it had to be the oven.
Still under warranty, it was the oven.