Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Battery life for PIRs

That very much depends on whether the device simply sends a signal down a
wire or whatever, or whether it actually controls a relay or something like
that. Its an unanswerable question.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ss" wrote in message
I have a wireless Yale alarm, battery operated.
I dont have a need to use it often but find the batteries in one
particular PIR only lasts approx 6 months, the others maybe 18 months.
This PIR is passed multiple times a day, so my question is, even though
the alarm is not turned on does the PIR use battery power everytime
someone passes it.