Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30676 Ignoramus30676 is offline

Default Engine knock

On 2017-09-04, wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 04:43:39 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Sep 2017 12:59:18 -0500, Ignoramus30839
wrote:

It was definitely a rod knock, one cylinder was MISSING both bearing
inserts. Not sure how it could have happened, the engine definitely
was worked on recently.

Oops. How do the crank and rod look after that abuse?

Might depend on how long it ran. How long *did* it run, anyway?

The engine has evidence of having been worked on recently. I am not
yet sure what transpired prior to me buying it from a government
agency, maybe they forgot to put the inserts on that cylinder.