Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default installing gas lines to pool heater

On 9/3/2017 5:53 AM, Bob Fart wrote:
On 09/02/2017 11:08 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/1/2017 5:47 AM, wd wrote:
On 08/30/2017 10:48 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
2)Â* Should I replace all the existing above ground pipe since I am
working already.Â* It has a bit of rust on it, but not too much.Â* How
much worse is this going to be in another 25 years if I don't
replace it all now?Â* Mind you, this is a lot more work, but I have
someone helping me who has done a lot of piping as a maintenance man.

To prevent rust, spray the pipe and fittings with WD-40 as needed.
Obviously you'll want to shut off nearby open flames first.

I can think of a lot of better solutions than that.

Care to share them?Â* Or are you just being a dick?

Pipe wrap, paint, galvanizing primer. WD 40 would be a very short term fix.