Posted to rec.woodworking
John S[_5_] John S[_5_] is offline

Default 4-Way Pressure Clamping System

"woodchucker" wrote in message

On 9/5/2017 1:16 PM, Michael wrote:
https://www.woodcraft.com/products/w...lamping-system

Has anyone tried these? I can get four fairly cheaply but I don't want to
waste money.

I checked the reviews and they are generally good.

Thanks,

Mike

I like them but, they are clumsy to setup, and don't always keep the
panels aligned perfectly. You have to coax panels to line up, they won't
pull them lined up. That might be because of the time it takes to get the
clamps ready, the glue is setting.

I use them when I need them. Not all the time, sometimes I'll just do a
set of clamps instead.

--
Jeff

I found them to be a pain to use and the result was not worth the effort.
I think they are still sitting on a storage shelf somewhere. I just went
back
to using bar clamps across the panels and, if needed, a small clamp across
the joint at the end to ensure alignment.
John