Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 9/4/2017 8:06 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/4/2017 12:57 AM, wrote:

Are you suggesting that in Houston it's illegal to park your RV in
your driveway?

Not to park it, but to leave it for a length of time, yes.Â* We have a
limit on how long they can stay if they have dual axles.Â* We have
another ordinance that keep people from hooking up to electric, sewer
and water services for more than a few days.Â* No one wants to hear the
generators running all night, see oozing sewer pipes, the lights
hanging off the sides of the trailers so the occupants can sit outside
and drink beer.Â* Citizen complaints can greatly shorten the time
allowed to have a living unit on your property.

My first reaction is, under the circumstances just suspend the
regulations for three to six months.Â* Upon second thought, after the
allotted time how do you get them moved out?Â* Nothing good would come of
it.

That is how I understood that it worked in the past. Most trailers were
provided by Fema so no one really owned them.