Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 03-Sep-17 11:57 PM, wrote:

[good and pertinent assessment of City code elided solely for brevity
.... dpb]

Guess we will see. I don't think anyone knows exactly what is going
to happen on any long term aspects of this situation yet. ...

I'm certain you're right; they'll have to make it up as they go...

I figured by now there would be similar ordinances in place as other
municipalities have and that confirms my suspicions.

Hopefully they will be flexible for an interim period while folks are
putting the primary residence back into a livable condition and then
work on cracking down on the violations some time well into the future
when there has been ample time before being too heavy-handed on enforcement.

Will be a good comparative test case to see what FEMA has managed to
absorb from the Katrina fiascoes and are able to pull off. At least
Houston isn't saddled with totally incompetent local mayor that was more
of an obstruction than help...