Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] lee@nowell.me is offline

Default Bathroom wiring questions

Thanks all. Especially for the shaver socket tip. I had previously assumed the only difference between them and sockets was dual voltage

The shaver socket on the wall would work best but we have a small splashback and then huge mirror above the sinks so only place would be between the sinks and just off worktop level which seems a bit dodgy to me? So...

Looks like best option is shaver sockets in the cupboard below the sinks.

In terms of the spa bath then I guess running a feed to the cupboard and installing a ipx4 or better switch to switch it off (or maybe one of those dual pole things that we use to isolate the extractor fan) and then run this to the bath with a waterproof junction box under the bath for extra safety.

Sound ok?

So... Last 2 questions.
1. The bath has the metal framing connected to one of the motors via an earth lead. However the earth from the mains connection doesn't seem to be connected to it. I would have expected to see an earth coming out of the junction box to connect to the frame. Any thoughts?
2. I plan to cut into the upstairs ring main to feed this bathroom. Not a spur buy essentially extending the ring. Any issues with this?

Thanks again for all your help

Lee.